Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
AV Design Level 1: Environment — Fairfax, VA USA
Type: Classroom or Live
CTS RU: 24.00
CTS-D RU: 24.00
CTS-I RU: 24.00
- Explore the physics that affect the planning and design of AV environments such as sound reinforcement, display and projection needs.
- Use measurement tools, calculations and industry best practices to expand knowledge of the design process.
- Create drawings, specifications and performance criteria.
- Review display and ergonomic criteria, sightline studies and loudspeaker coverage.
- Start learning how to communicate with allied trades.
Anyone who reads, works with or creates AV designs, including:
- AV designers
- Technology managers
- Project managers
Design Online. Students are also strongly encouraged to complete AV Math for Design Online.
Course registration includes a copy of InfoComm's Audiovisual Systems Project Documentation Sample.
This three-day classroom course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required.
- Students will create a portfolio documenting recommended design processes and sample documentation.
AV Design Level 2: Infrastructure
AV Design Level 3: Applied Design