Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Certified Technology Specialist-Installation (CTS-I)
A Certified Technology Specialist Installation (CTS-I) installs and maintains audiovisual systems by:
- Following specifications, schematics, codes and safety protocols;
- Administering installation process logistics;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving systems;
- Maintaining tools and equipment; and
- Communicating with clients, designers, other trades, other installers and staff to provide the best audiovisual solutions for client needs, on time and within budget.
Steps to Preparing and Applying
- 1Read the CTS-I Candidate Handbook. It includes the exam application, eligibility requirements, and valuable testing information.
- 2Determine your eligibility using the Verifiers List for CTS-I Eligibility and Recognized Courses for CTS-I Eligibility. Eligibility for taking the CTS-I exam includes verification of experience in six AV installation skill areas: rack building, audio setup, projector setup and installation, rack mounting and customer relations.
- 3Self assess.This step is critical to your success. Carefully review the content outline in the CTS-I Candidate Handbook, as well as the CTS-I Exam Content Outline, paying attention to topic areas and their percentage of the exam, and the number of questions on the exam in each area.
- 4Submit your CTS-I Exam Application to the Certification Office by fax, mail or email.
- 5Once your application has been approved, you will schedule your exam appointment directly with a Pearson VUE testing center near you.
The following materials are provided to help individuals understand all certification program requirements and to direct them to resources that may be useful in preparing for each certification examination.
- CTS-I Candidate Handbook (Includes Application)
- CTS-I Exam Content Outline
- CTS-I Job Task Analysis
- Recognized Courses for CTS-I Eligibility
- Verifiers List for CTS-I Eligibility
- CTS-I Practice Exam
- CTS-I Exam Application
- CTS-I Exam Retest Application
- CTS-I Reinstatement Application
- CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct Agreement Form
- Scaled Scoring FAQ
- CTS Exam Request for Special Accommodation Form
- CTS Exam Documentation of Disability Needs Form
- Duplicate Certificate Order Form
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by InfoComm.
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding InfoComm certification will be handled through the InfoComm International Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, VA, U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other InfoComm services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200