Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Certified Technology Specialist-Design (CTS-D)
A Certified Technology Specialist-Design (CTS-D) is an AV systems designer who:
- Assesses client's needs
- Designs AV systems
- Prepares AV design documents
- Coordinates and collaborates with other professionals to create AV systems that satisfy client's requirements
Steps to Preparing and Applying
- 1Make sure you meet the CTS-D prerequisites: at least two years of design experience and a valid CTS.
- 2 Read the CTS-D Candidate Handbook. It provides valuable information about the testing process and includes a copy of the application.
- 3Use the Exam Content Outline, Job Task Analysis, CTS-D Exam Tutorial and CTS-D Practice Exam to determine any gaps between your knowledge and skills and those required to pass the exam.
- 4Submit your CTS-D Exam Application to InfoComm by fax, mail or email. < LI>
- 5Once your application has been approved, you will schedule your exam appointment directly with a Pearson VUE testing center near you.
CTS-D candidates will have access to all relevant math formulas on the computer screen while they test.
The following materials are provided to help individuals understand all certification program requirements and to direct them to resources that may be useful in preparing for each certification examination.
- CTS-D Candidate Handbook (Includes Application)
- CTS-D Exam Content Outline
- CTS-D Job Task Analysis
- CTS-D Practice Exam
- CTS-D Exam Application
- CTS-D Exam Retest Application
- CTS-D Reinstatement Application
- CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct Agreement Form
- Scaled Scoring FAQ
- CTS Exam Request for Special Accommodation Form
- CTS Exam Documentation of Disability Needs Form
- Duplicate Certificate Order Form
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by InfoComm.
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding InfoComm certification will be handled through the InfoComm International Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, VA, U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other InfoComm services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200