Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
A Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) performs general technology solution tasks by:
- Creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions
- Conducting AV management activities that provide for the best audiovisual resolutions of the client's needs, both on time and within budget.
You are not required to take any courses before you take the exam. In fact, if you have many years of AV experience, you might be ready to take the exam now.
Steps to Prepare and Apply
- 1Read the CTS Candidate Handbook. It provides valuable information about the testing process and includes a copy of the exam application.
- 2Use the Exam Content Outline, Job Task Analysis and CTS Practice Exam to determine any gaps between your knowledge and skills and those required to pass the exam.
- 3Submit your CTS Exam Application and fee. You can apply online or download and submit a PDF application via fax, mail or email.
- 4Once your application has been approved, you will schedule your exam appointment directly with a Pearson VUE testing center near you.
The following materials are provided to help individuals understand all certification program requirements and to direct them to resources that may be useful in preparing for each certification examination.
- CTS Candidate Handbook (Includes Application)
- CTS Exam Content Outline
- CTS Job Task Analysis
- CTS Practice Exam
- CTS Exam Application
- CTS Exam Application (Online Version)
- CTS Exam Retest Application
- CTS Reinstatement Application
- CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct Agreement Form
- Scaled Scoring FAQ
- CTS Exam Request for Special Accommodation Form
- CTS Exam Documentation of Disability Needs Form
- Duplicate Certificate Order Form
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by InfoComm.
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding InfoComm certification will be handled through the InfoComm International Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, VA, U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other InfoComm services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200