Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Date: October 13, 2013 – October 19, 2013
Type: AV Week
Each year during October, the audiovisual community unites to celebrate, promote and share the AV industry with the world. A natural extension of InfoComm’s AV outreach program, AV Week gives you tangible ways to become advocates for the industry by reaching out to end users, potential customers and employees.
With many voices, we can:
- Make an impact in raising awareness
- Encourage students to consider AV careers
- Change perceptions about the industry
- Create media opportunities with print and broadcast news coverage of these events
AV companies and professionals can participate in many ways and focus on one or more days throughout AV Week.
- An AV director at a university might sponsor a workshop on how to produce an effective PowerPoint presentation — for students and faculty.
- A manufacturer or dealer may offer special incentives for AV buyers.
- A design consultant might host a tour of an AV installation for a group of architects.
- An integrator may hold a career fair at its headquarters or speak before a group of students on the job opportunities and required skills for AV professionals.
- AV pros may also want to write articles for their local newspapers about the industry.
InfoComm's AV Week Toolkit shows create these and other events, and has materials such as posters, pins and presentations to help members participate and deliver consistent messages to various audiences.
InfoComm holds similar events at its headquarters or in selected regions around the world. In 2012, the AVlympics debuted, pitting teams from local members, schools and InfoComm staff against each other in a variety of AV themed sports.
Disclaimer: Registration and attendance at or participation in InfoComm International meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to InfoComm's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions or audiotapes of such events and activities. By attending this event, you will be subscribed to emails from InfoComm International. You can manage your subscriptions individually at any time in the future.