Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Successful AV Industry Mergers & Acquisitions
Type: Recorded Webinar
Topics: Business and Management
Date: March 2013
Not all merger and acquisition (M&A) marriages are made in heaven. What are the key factors that make a deal a win-win? What are the top four elements of a successful post-sale integration plan? What problems can be prevented in the due diligence period? This webinar presents examples of both successful and unsuccessful transactions with the reasons why.
Hypothetical examples from a composite of industry experience will be used to illustrate key points.
- Define the parameters for a successful win-win merger or acquisition.
- Characterize multiple examples of transactions including one AV integrator, one design firm, and one manufacturer.
- Define the four key parameters for successful post-sale integration of the two companies.
- Clarify what happens in due diligence before an agreement is signed and why that period is so critically important.
- Suggest do's and don'ts relative to determining if you are ready to buy or sell.
John Stiernberg, Founder and Principal Consultant, Stiernberg Consulting