Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Type: Classroom or Live
CTS RU: 24
CTS-D RU: 24
CTS-I RU: 24
Check course listing for upcoming dates and availability.
- Learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective.
- Review how to discuss AV network requirements with your IT stakeholders.
- Compare and contrast the most common network-based AV transmission protocols.
- Interpret IP addresses and subnets.
- Identify network security threats and countermeasures.
- Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting.
AV professionals who design, implement, maintain or manage networked AV systems including:
- Designers who use network infrastructure for signal transportation or control
- Installers who connect gear to a network or configure network settings
- Service providers who troubleshoot network-connected systems
- Candidates for any CTS Certification needing extra study on networking
- Students intending to take the advanced course Networked AV Systems
- Any AV professional who wants to prepare for the future of AV
It is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology before taking this course.
- Section quizzes help confirm understanding.
- Exercises increase learning retention.
- Labs allow you to explore networking concepts on a computer to see how they work.
Related Courses and Publications
Disclaimer: Registration and attendance at or participation in InfoComm International meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to InfoComm's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions or audiotapes of such events and activities. By attending this event, you will be subscribed to emails from InfoComm International. You can manage your subscriptions individually at any time in the future.