Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
For more than 30 years, InfoComm has administered the Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) program, which is recognized worldwide as the leading AV professional credential.
There are more than 10,000 CTS holders. And, now over 2,000 have a CTS-D or CTS-I!
InfoComm offers three types of certification:
CTS — General
A Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) performs general technology solution tasks by creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions as well as conducting AV management activities that provide for the best audiovisual resolutions of the client's needs, both on time and within budget.
CTS-D — AV System Design Specialization
A Certified Technology Specialist — Design (CTS-D) is an AV systems designer who assesses client's needs, designs AV systems, prepares AV design documents, and coordinates and collaborates with other professionals to create AV systems that satisfy clients’ requirements.
CTS-I — AV System Installation Specialization
A Certified Technology Specialist — Installation (CTS-I) installs and maintains audiovisual systems by following specifications, schematics, codes, and safety protocols; administering installation process logistics; troubleshooting and problem-solving systems; maintaining tools and equipment; and communicating with clients, designers, other trades, installers, and staff to provide the best audiovisual solutions for client needs, on time and within budget.
All three certifications are ANSI accredited under the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) ISO/IEC 17024:2012 General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification Schemes of Persons program.
Certification shows your commitment to being the best, in the AV field and for your company. Give yourself the CTS advantage.
- A respected career path for AV professionals
- An open, tested, clear set of industry standards by which consumers can evaluate audiovisual providers
- Reassurance to clients of competency, experience and ethical behavior
- Increased consumer confidence
- A commitment to excellence shown by hiring CTS professionals
- Lower cost for professional liability insurance
- Self-confidence and the ability to sell your work more effectively to clients
- Evidence of technical proficiency and professionalism
- Increased credibility among co-workers
- Increased customer confidence
- Increased value, recognition and marketability of the CTS credential
- Adherence to a strict code of ethics and conduct
- Reassurance of competency, experience and ethical behavior
- An open, tested, clear set of industry standards to evaluate audiovisual providers
- Professionals who are held to a high standard of ethics and conduct
Before you take your CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I exam, check out the free practice exams. These resources will help you plan your course of study and boost your confidence.
Hear about APEx from your Certification Chair, Jeremy Caldera, CTS® D, CTS I. Plus, how VIju is leading the charge for CTS in Norway.
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by InfoComm.
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding InfoComm certification will be handled through the InfoComm International Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, Va., U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other InfoComm services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200