Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
How to Prepare for Your CTS-Installation (CTS-I) Exam
To sit for the CTS-I Exam, you must have:
- Earned your CTS
- Two years of audiovisual experience, including designated experience in specific tasks found in the CTS®-I Handbook
Here are the courses and resources other CTS-I holders have found helpful in their studies.
- Installation Online — Browse step-by-step installation procedures at your own pace.
- Installation Technician — Learn and practice best practices for rack building and termination equipment, supplies and techniques in this three-day classroom course. (Great if you’re new to installation.)
- Lead Installation Technician — Prepare to move toward a leadership role for jobsite supervision of all aspects of the installation process (targeted to experienced installers).
- AV Installation Handbook hard copy or electronic book.
Call your regional representative at +1.703.273.7200 to plan a customized path.
Remember: There is no single publication or class that will prepare you for the exam, nor are you obligated to take InfoComm courses.