How to Prepare for Your CTS-Installation (CTS-I) Exam
To sit for the CTS®-I Exam, you must have:
- Earned your CTS®
- Two years of audiovisual experience, including designated experience in specific tasks found in the CTS-I Handbook
Here are the courses and resources for installers who are early in their careers and need specific training to cover the wide-range job task requirements covered in the exam.
- Introduction to Installation Online — Learn the basics of a typical AV installation including a solid overview of a typical AV jobsite.
- Elements of System Fabrication Online — Get the knowledge base needed to build a new AV system.
- Elements of Setup and Verification Online — Explore the fundamental skills needed at the point of turning on the AV system.
- Installation 1: System Fabrication Classroom — Learn the essential installation skills needed to build an AV system with this new, workshop-style course.
- Installation 2: Setup and Verification Classroom — Learn to adjust an AV system for optimal performance with this new, workshop-style course.
- AV Installation Handbook hard copy or electronic book.
- Networking Technology Online — Gain essential networking knowledge with this online course.
For those with more experience, CTS-I Prep will help you find the knowledge areas you need to focus on and create a specific study plan to aid in your preparation.
Looking for one resource to help you prepare?
The CTS-I Exam Guide is a complete study resource — if you excel at learning from books. You can fit this self-paced prep into your schedule anytime, anywhere.
Need personalized solutions? Call our Customer Service Team at +1.703.273.7200 to plan a customized path.
Remember: There is no single publication or class that will prepare you for the exam, nor are you obligated to take InfoComm courses.
Note: Infocomm.org is the only source for official materials. If you see InfoComm University™ education or CTS® certification practice exams on a website other than infocomm.org, they could be fraudulent.