Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Essentials of AV Technology
Track: General Knowledge
CTS RU: 25.00
CTS-D RU: 25.00
CTS-I RU: 25.00
- Learn about the fundamentals of light and sound in relation to the industry.
- Explore technology concepts of microphones, loudspeakers, basic networking, cameras and displays.
- Review signal types and signal flow.
- Stay competitive with sections on networking for data and AV, RF, digital and analog signals.
- Gain insight into future trends.
- Practice techniques to improve customer service with included lessons.
- Those new to the AV industry
- Staff who need to build their technical knowledge
- Individuals preparing for the AV Technologist Certificate
None. For those new to the industry, Quick Start to the AV Industry Online is recommended for a more thorough introduction to industry roles and the most basic introduction to technology concepts.
- Section tests help confirm understanding of essential AV technology.
- Consistent training provides instruction 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Course content serves as the basis for the InfoComm-Recognized AV Technologist Test.
Related Courses and Publications
- InfoComm-Recognized AV Technologist Test
- Quick Start to the Audiovisual Industry
- AV Setup Guide for Events, Meetings, Conferences, and Classrooms
Disclaimer: Registration and attendance at or participation in InfoComm International meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to InfoComm's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions or audiotapes of such events and activities. By attending this event, you will be subscribed to emails from InfoComm International. You can manage your subscriptions individually at any time in the future.