Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Principal Consultant, Collaboration / Multimedia / Video / AV, Dimension Data
Director of Emerging Technology, Interactive Multimedia & Collaborative Communications Alliance
David Danto has over 35 years of experience providing problem solving leadership and innovation in media and unified communications technologies for various firms in the corporate, broadcasting and academic worlds. This includes:
- The building and managing of the world’s largest commercial Cisco TelePresence ecosystem (other than within Cisco) for JP Morgan Chase.
- The design, implementation and operation of global video and audio conferencing facilities, television and audio/visual facilities and digital signage solutions for Lehman Brothers.
- The design of television and radio facilities for Bloomberg, including the development of their revolutionary multi-screen TV format and the design and construction of studios for The Charlie Rose Show.
- The development of the Television and Media Services department for NYU, including the design and implementation of America's first urban, self contained, multi-building university cable TV system using microwave links to cross public rights of way.
- The design and management of multimedia and/or TV facilities for many organizations, including AT&T, Financial News Network, MTV, NBC, Rutgers University and many others.
- He has also acted as Engineer in Charge for countless commercial and industrial television productions.
Danto's efforts have been recognized by the premiere industry organizations in media technology. In early 2007 he was elected (and still serves) as the Director of Emerging Technologies for the non-profit Interactive Multimedia & Collaborative Communications Alliance (imcca.org). Additionally, InfoComm International has appointed him as Adjunct Faculty for their educational efforts every year since 2007 and has recently added him to their prestigious InfoComm 100 key industry though leaders. He has served as a National Association of Broadcasters conference "Pick-Hits" judge for Broadcast Engineering since 2001. The CEA — the industry authority on consumer electronics — appointed him to be a judge for the Consumer Electronics Show Innovations Design and Engineering Awards in 2011 and 2013. Enterprise Connect appointed him to be a judge for their Innovations Showcase in 2012.
Danto is a frequent contributor to and blogger for industry publications, and presenter at industry events. He is also the author of the popular "View From The Road" series of blogs. In addition, Danto has served on many manufacturer council and advisory boards for firms including Polycom, Plantronics, AVI-SPL and BlueJeansNet.
David is now working with Dimension Data, a global ICT services and solutions provider, to focus on Video, Multimedia and Collaboration Technology Architecture consulting services in the US.