Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
The Five Ws of Press Releases
Type: Recorded Webinar
Topics: Business and Management
Date: March 2012
In high school English class, most of us were taught the “Five Ws” for writing a news story: “Who, What, When, Where, Why.” There was also a sixth component to writing, “How.” This webinar provides a refresher course on the Ws as they apply to writing your press release but will devote more time to another interpretation of the Ws:
- Who should be receiving the release?
- What will make them interested in your news?
- When should releases be sent out?
- Where will your release have the most effect?
- Why should the recipient care about your news?
- How should your release be sent?
Elaine Jones, Elaine Jones Associates