Installation 2: Setup and Verification
Type: Classroom or Live
CTS RU: 24
CTS-D RU: 24
CTS-I RU: 24
Get the knowledge base you need at the point of turning on the AV system. If you want to learn how to test and configure AV systems with hands-on, workshop style instruction, this course is for you. Uncover best practices for optimal performance, proper documentation, and basic troubleshooting.
"I recently accepted my current job as a Video Teleconference Coordinator; however, I only had a little AV and videoconferencing experience. My management thought it would be good for me to go to InfoComm and take Installation 2: Setup and Verification. The course and the instructor were great. It seemed like the level of material and instruction were all appropriate. I would recommend Installation 2: Setup and Verification to my colleagues."
— Mike Mascola, NOAA
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Anyone who works on the AV system after its initial power-up, including:
- Installation technicians
- System commissioners
- Others who configure systems, perform testing, and verify compliance with standards and other documentation
Students are strongly encouraged to complete Installation 1: System Fabrication for a hands-on approach to termination and installation prior to taking this course.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. This course focuses on teaching step-by-step methods and best practices for testing, adjusting, and verifying system performance.
During this course you will:
- Learn to set audio processors, gain structure and equalization
- Create a Networked Device Inventory and use network fault detection and troubleshooting tools
- Explore control system signal transport and testing procedures
- Measure and verify projected image system contrast
- Understand digital AV formats
- Learn how to document your progress and finish a project
- Conduct basic system troubleshooting
Disclaimer: Registration and attendance at or participation in InfoComm International® meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to InfoComm's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions or audiotapes of such events and activities. By attending this event, you will be subscribed to emails from InfoComm International. You can manage your subscriptions individually at any time in the future.