Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
AV Math Online
Track: General Knowledge
CTS RU: 15.00
CTS-D RU: 15.00
CTS-I RU: 15.00
- Develop mathematical proficiency in common AV calculations.
- Explore loudspeaker impedance and decibles (10 log, 20 log).
- Learn aspect ratio and image height.
- Practice scale drawing conversions.
- Estimate projection throw distance.
- Review Ohm's law and inverse square law.
- Explore heat load calculations.
- Any and all AV professionals who want a math refresher course
- Individuals preparing for the general CTS exam
- CTS holders who need continuing education renewal units (RUs)
Although not required, students should consider taking Essentials of AV Technology Online.
This course includes access to a downloadable workbook with AV math practice problems.
- Blends online lessons with short how-to videos.
- Provides consistent training, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Includes section tests that can be sent to a supervisor to track progress.
Essentials of AV Technology