Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Lead Installation Technician — Fairfax, VA USA
Type: Classroom or Live
CTS RU: 24.00
CTS-D RU: 24.00
CTS-I RU: 24.00
- Learn to set audio gain structure and equalization.
- Set up, test, and adjust displays and videoconferencing components.
- Load control programs.
- Verify and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Explore troubleshooting distribution of digital video and network-based audio.
- Learn to troubleshoot RF systems, including wireless microphones and WiFi.
- Troubleshoot hum, buzz and other power/grounding issues.
AV professionals who work on AV systems after initial power-up including:
- Installation technicians
- Systems commissioners
- Others who configure systems, perform testing, and verify compliance with standards and other documentation.
It is strongly recommended that students complete Installation Online before taking this course.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required.
- Workshop-style course with hands-on network setup activities.
- New, interactive simulations of projector setup, impedance testing, and audio system gain and equialization.
- Curriculum focus on adjusting an AV system for optimal performance.
- Learn step by step methods for testing, adjusting and verifying system performance.