Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Installation Technician — Fairfax, VA USA
Type: Classroom or Live
CTS RU: 24.00
CTS-D RU: 24.00
CTS-I RU: 24.00
- Learn to perform a site survey.
- Perform common terminations.
- Test and pull cables.
- Build a rack according to a given design.
- Wire a rack using proper bend radius and signal separation.
- Correctly manage heat load and weight distribution within a rack.
- Mount equipment.
- Explore working with fiber optic connections.
AV professionals who work on AV systems before their initial power-up including:
- Installation technicians
- Systems integrators
It is strongly recommended that students complete Installation Online before taking this course.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required.
- Hands-on, workshop style course
- Focused on teaching step by step methods and best practices for essential installation skills