Access the most comprehensive pro-AV resource in the industry to explore audiovisual equipment catalogs, compare prices, locate service providers and review case studies.
Go to AV-iQ
Lead Installation Technician — Fairfax, VA USA
Type: Classroom or Live
CTS RU: 24.00
CTS-D RU: 24.00
CTS-I RU: 24.00
- Learn to set audio gain structure and measure distributed audio systems.
- Properly set up video displays and install projection systems.
- Participate in hands-on adjustments of equipment for EQ and gain structure.
- Learn cable separation techniques.
- Learn basic AV math concepts, Ohm's/watts laws, conduit calculations and an overview of decibel calculations.
- Become familiar with customer satisfaction techniques.
- Installers who are proficient in cable installation, have a good understanding of AV signals and jobsite activities.
- Students should be ready to adjust equipment and provide their customers with optimized installations.
It is strongly recommended that students complete Installation Online and Installation Technician — unless you are an experienced installer.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required.
- Emphasis is placed on customer expectations and making sure the system is installed to specifications and best practices.